PA Phillies beat NY Yankees, 6-1, in Game 1 of World Series
Yankees, watch out for the Phillies’ starting pitcher Cliff Lee and second baseman Chase Utley. The Philadelphia Phillies defeated the New York Yankees 6-1 on Wednesday night in Game 1 of the 2009 World Series at the new billion-dollar Yankee Stadium.
Cliff Lee was recently acquired by the Phillies. He proved to them that they made the right choice and is a valuable asset. On Wednesday’s game, he baffled the Yankees with an assortment of fastballs, changeups and curves, striking out 10 and inducing a string of weak swings and easy outs. He finished the game himself, matched up against his former Cleveland Indians, CC Sabathia, and wrapping up all 9 innings in an impressive 113 pitches where only 1 run was earned on 6 hits.
Chase Utley gave the Phillies a 2-0 lead by hitting solo home runs in the third and sixth innings.
The Phillies won last year’s World Series. Playing in the Yankees new stadium was supposed to make the Phillies intimidated but that didn’t happen. The Phillies played great and that’s not a bad start in the World Series at all.
Possibly related posts: (automatically generated)
- Related posts on 2009 world series
- 2009 World Series .. – tunyfish
- The Hatred and Hilarity in Game One of the 2009 World Series | The …
- 2009 World Series Game 1: Yankees vs. Phillies Live Stream | US …
- Related posts on Cc sabathia
- World Series » Current News Trends
- sportskings.org » Blog Archive » Ut-Lee Steals The Show As …